This Medium-Term Plan contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to the Maya and is aimed at Years 3 and 4. It focuses on the locality of the Maya, their achievements, culture and the opportunity to compare aspects of their own lives to that of a person from the Maya civilization. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
– Overview of unit’s lessons
– Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
– Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
– Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
– Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.