This Medium-Term Plan is aimed at years 5 and 6 and contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to the Anglo-Saxon invasion and settlement. There is a short focus on the Viking raids through the eyes of the Saxons to encourage children to think about bias. There are several opportunities to promote enquiry work, questioning and a depth study on significant Saxon rulers to apply all the skills and concepts that have been taught. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
– Overview of unit’s lessons
– Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
– Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
– Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
– Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.