This Medium-Term Plan contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to the Ancient Egyptians and is aimed at Years 5 and 6. It focuses on life in Ancient Egypt and discusses some of their achievements that influence modern life. There is opportunity to study Egyptian religion and their achievements. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
– Overview of unit’s lessons
– Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
– Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
– Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
– Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.