This Medium-Term Plan contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to Roman Britain and its impact on modern life. It focuses on Celtic Britain and the Roman invasions before building onto the impact the Romans had on Britain and their various achievements. The key difference for upper KS2 is the inclusion of opportunities to develop and demonstrate understanding of significance and links between prior learning. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
- Overview of unit's lessons
- Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
- Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
- Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
- Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.