This Medium-Term Plan is aimed at Years 5 and 6; it contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to Early Islamic History. It focuses on linking this lesser known period of history into a chronological context that children will understand; then the significance of Baghdad as a place during this period as a trading and intellectual centre. There is opportunity to further develop the children’s understanding through the use of suggested enquiry and cross-curricular links. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
- Overview of unit's lessons
- Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
- Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
- Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
- Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.