This Medium-Term Plan contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to the Maya and is aimed at Years 3 and 4. It focuses on the locality of the Maya, their achievements, culture and the opportunity to compare aspects of their own lives to that of a person from the Maya civilization. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
- Overview of unit's lessons
- Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
- Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
- Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
- Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.