This Medium-Term Plan is aimed at children in Years 5 and 6. It contains the outline for a coherent series of lessons relating to the Stone Age era. It focuses on teaching children how to analyse, interpret and draw conclusions from archaeological sources. There is a child-led enquiry task at the end of the unit to demonstrate and apply their skills. It provides opportunities for children to develop their history skills and understanding in engaging ways.
- Overview of unit's lessons
- Skills and concepts taught within each lesson
- Assessment opportunities for each skill/concept
- Opportunities to show greater depth in each skill/concept
- Cross Curricular links to enhance the topic coverage
PLEASE NOTE: This does not contain specific lesson plans or specific resource links.