This unit of work contains the following resources:
- 1 MTP which gives a learning overview for the unit of work, assessment opportunities and cross-curricular links
- 1 Cover sheet including assessment and numbered lesson names
- An initial overview of the earliest civilizations focusing on where and when they began.
- 6 Numbered detailed lesson plans including contextual information, relevant links to other periods in history, lesson plan and suggested resources
- Additional resources to support lessons where a version is not available online
It is aimed at Years 3 and 4 and contains age-approrpiate sources but please check before using to ensure they are appropriate for your class. These lessons give a clear and accurate overview to the period of history being studied. Each lesson builds on the previous ones to build up a coherent and knowledge rich understanding of aspects of Ancient Egypt and their achievements including language, farming and their culture.