This unit of work contains the following resources:
- 1 MTP which gives a learning overview for the unit of work, assessment opportunities and cross-curricular links
- 1 Cover sheet including assessment and numbered lesson names
- An initial overview of the earliest civilizations focusing on where and when they began.
- 6 Numbered detailed lesson plans including contextual information, relevant links to other periods in history, lesson plan and suggested resources
- Additional resources to support lessons where a version is not available online
It is aimed at Years 5 and 6 and contains age-approrpiate sources but please check before using to ensure they are appropriate for your class. These lessons give a clear and accurate overview to the period of history being studied. Each lesson builds on the previous ones to build up a coherent and knowledge rich understanding of aspects of Ancient Egypt and their achievements including language, farming and their culture. In addition, this unit makes clear links between Greek and Egyptian history to build up a coherent picture of how the civilizations link together.